Dominican Republic Vehicle Shipping Requirements
• Vehicles must be delivered to port the Friday prior to the week of scheduled sailing.
• The Dominican Republic will not accept vehicles older than 5 years.
• Used vehicles older than 5 years will be accepted but, only on a prepaid basis and with a letter of guarantee that if vehicle is not accepted shipper will pay for return to USA.
• Optional insurance is available upon request.
• Vehicle should be in running condition and keys must remain with the vehicle.
• Vehicle must contain 1/4 tank of gas or less.
(If vehicle is loaded in a container, fuel tank must be drained and battery disconnected).
• Vehicles containing more than 1/4 tank of gas prior to shipping will be charged $75 for fuel removal.
• Vehicle should be clean and free of dirt and debris.
• Vehicle will be inspected at time of delivery.
• Pre-payment required via electronic check or credit card.
• A booking reservation must be made prior to delivery of the vehicle to the port.
• Please wear closed toe shoes at the time of delivering the vehicle.
• Motorcycles and ATVs are not accepted.
• No personal items allowed inside the vehicles.
• Copy of Title - Title must be signed by seller and buyer.
(If the vehicle has a lien, a notarized letter from the Financial Institution authorizing shipment.)
• Copy of Photo I.D.
Legible copy of owner's U.S. driver's license.
• Original Notarized Power of Attorney
Must be notarized by U.S. notary or U.S. Embassy if abroad. POA is required for us to complete customs clearance process on behalf of owner of vehicle.
• Letter of Intent
Standard shipping form required by Port Everglades customs confirming vehicle and owner's information.
How much does Dominican Republic car shipping cost?
You can calculate your Dominican Republic shipping rate instantly online by clicking here
or you can call (954) 448-7447 to speak with a shipping coordinator.
How do I book my shipment?
For your convenience, you can book your shipment securely online 24 hours a day. If you would prefer to book your shipment with a shipping coordinator, please call (954) 448-7447.
What do I need to set up my shipment?
- Vehicle Year, Make & Model
- Vehicle Color
- Vehicle VIN Number
- License Plate Number (If available)
How long will it take to ship my car?
Transit times vary depending on the origin and destination of your shipment. You can visit our instant shipping quote
page to get an instant shipping rate and view delivery times for your specific route.
Can I have anything inside my vehicle when shipping to or from Dominican Republic?
Your vehicle must be clean and empty. Exceptions are made for child seats, jumper cables, and in some cases automobile parts.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept electronic check, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, money orders, and company checks. Payment must be made in full prior to the date of your shipment.
What else do you ship to and from Dominican Republic other than vehicles?
We specialize in shipping many other types of cargo from Hawaii aside from passenger automobiles. We can safely ship motorcycles, boats, RVs, Heavy equipment & any other oversized shipment to the islands. If you would like to speak with a shipping coordinator regarding your transport from Dominican Republic, please call (954) 448-7447.